- A qualified individual that has been trained and has experience in the industry.
- A plan that is made to cover chemical, biological and physical hazards as well as radiological hazards.
- Requires technical and/or scientific information that backs up the plan. Specifically, information that demonstrates the plan will be effective at properly controlling hazards.
- Conduct a thorough hazard analysis for all food-processing procedures within the facility.
- Once developed, have the ability to implement preventive controls, and then monitor the controls’ effectiveness continuously.
- Provide a detailed plan in writing, describing how the hazards will be controlled, and the preventive controls put in place.
- A schedule and methodology for monitoring the efficiency of the controls continuously.
- Verify the effectiveness of the controls, also maintaining written records of the verification processes.
Following FSMA and HACCP guidelines for compliance is what ensures the safety of the public when consuming processed foods, (and in this case, processed citrus.) Clean facilities with these guidelines in place ensure that food contamination is less likely, and in the case that it does happen, the risk is swiftly removed.
Citrus Plus Inc. is dedicated to ensuring that the public receives safe to eat citrus that is delicious and healthy.